Re: ACL issue (Was Re: HEADS UP: ZFSv28 is in!)

From: Edward Tomasz Napierała <trasz_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 18:49:06 +0100
Wiadomość napisana przez Steve Wills w dniu 2011-03-06, o godz. 15:43:
> On 03/06/11 08:35, Steve Wills wrote:
>> On 03/06/11 04:22, Edward Tomasz NapieraBa wrote:
>>> Wiadomo[ napisana przez Steve Wills w dniu 2011-03-06, o godz. 05:11:
>>
>>> [..]

>>> What does "mount" show?
>>
>> /dev/md4 12186190 332724 11853466 3%
>> /usr/local/tinderbox/9-CURRENT-amd64-FreeBSD
>>
>> Sorry, I forgot about the mdmfs hacks I had in my local tinderd. Without
>> them, it works fine. So the problem seems to be in mfs rather than zfs.
>
> I should have said mdmfs, but all that's doing is running mdconfig and
> newfs for me. I've reproduced the issue without mdmfs:
>
> % mdconfig -a -t swap -s 12G -u 4
> % newfs -m 0 -o time /dev/md4
> [...]
> % mount /dev/md4 /tmp/foobar
> % cp -p /usr/local/tinderbox/scripts/lib/buildscript /tmp/foobar
> cp: failed to set acl entries for /tmp/foobar/buildscript: Operation not
> supported
>
> Without -p it works fine. FWIW:
>
> % getfacl /usr/local/tinderbox/scripts/lib/buildscript
> # file: /usr/local/tinderbox/scripts/lib/buildscript
> # owner: root
> # group: wheel
>            owner_at_:--------------:------:deny
>            owner_at_:rwxp---A-W-Co-:------:allow
>            group_at_:-w-p----------:------:deny
>            group_at_:r-x-----------:------:allow
>         everyone_at_:-w-p---A-W-Co-:------:deny
>         everyone_at_:r-x---a-R-c--s:------:allow
>
> Any suggestions on where the problem could be?

The above looks like old-style, "canonical six" trivial ACL.  Now,
cp(1) shouldn't even try to copy the ACL in this case, since there
is nothing to copy.  So, for some reason, something failed between
cp(1), acl_is_trivial_np(3) and the kernel.

What does "ls -al /usr/local/tinderbox/scripts/lib/buildscript" show?

--
If you cut off my head, what would I say?  Me and my head, or me and my body?