Re: Introduce myself and question about getting CURRENT

From: Tim Kientzle <tim_at_kientzle.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 10:58:33 -0800
On Mar 5, 2011, at 4:16 PM, Nerius Landys wrote:

> Anyhow, first things are first.  I need to get CURRENT.  So, what is
> the preferred way to get CURRENT on your system?

As mentioned, there are a lot of variations.

Personally, I bootstrap current systems by installing a
minimal STABLE distribution first (today, that's 8.2) from
the CD.

Then use SVN to checkout the CURRENT sources to /usr/src.

Then following the instructions in /usr/src/UPGRADING.

The trickiest issue is whether you want to build any
additional ports before or after you upgrade.  That
basically depends on whether you want to debug
FreeBSD or debug ports.  ;-)

Tim