Re: Request to test if_ath - TX power control changes

From: Etienne Robillard <erob_at_gthcfoundation.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 06:34:55 -0500
On 10/03/11 03:44 AM, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> (You know, I'm very tempted to just create a FreeBSD-wireless mailing list..
> :-)

That would be nice. (+1) :-)

> My AR9280/AR9285 collection just arrived in the post. A quick 2 minute test
> with the AR9285 showed that at least the one I have has issues TX'ing at
> higher 11g rates. I won't even bother testing 11n MCS rates until I fix
> that.

Could this be a "issue" with obtaining proper OFDM modulation
using the ath(4) firmware?

> If you have an AR9285 and you're able/willing to test out -HEAD then I'd
> appreciate it if you could do some iperf tests (both ways, so it's both
> TX'ing and RX'ing, but not at the same time please!) and then check out the
> rate control stats - sysctl dev.ath.0.sample_stats=1.
>
> Thanks!
>

> Adrian

just my 2 cents from a conspiracy nutter... :-)

Regards,

--
Etienne Robillard

Company: Green Tea Hackers Club
Occupation: Software Developer (and CEO)
E-mail:     erob_at_gthcfoundation.org
Work phone: 450-936-2123
Website (Company):  https://gthc.org/
Website (Blog):     https://gthc.org/blog/
PGP public key fingerprint:    F2A9 32EA 8E7C 460F 1728  A1A7 649C 7F17 A086 DDEC

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy