Re: Android fastboot support for FreeBSD 8/9 using LibUSB v1.0

From: Carlos A. M. dos Santos <unixmania_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 11:30:01 -0300
On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 4:30 AM, Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky_at_c2i.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The attached files adds USB support to Android's fastboot under FreeBSD 8/9,
> by using the LibUSB v1.0 interface.
>
> http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?title=Fastboot
>
> Lines for the Android.mk:
>
> ifeq ($(HOST_OS),FreeBSD)
>  LOCAL_SRC_FILES += usb_freebsd.c util_freebsd.c
>  LOCAL_LDLIBS += -lpthread -lusb
> endif
>
> Please feel free to forward my patches to the Android team handling the
> fastboot code. I was not sure where to post it.

If you want to follow the full process, the instructions are here:

     http://source.android.com/source/life-of-a-patch.html

But for such a small change a simple Feature Request may suffice:

     http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/entry?template=Feature%20request

--
Depending on how lucky you are, your fortune may rub people the wrong way