How can I clone a mac address on wlan0?

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 23:38:43 -0700
For a variety of boring reasons I need to clone a mac address on wlan0.
The documented way to do this:

ifconfig wlan0 create wlandev wpi0 wlanaddr 00:11:22:33:44:55:66

works in the sense that it sets up the interface with that mac, but then
the wlan0 interface never associates. Doing everything the same but
omitting the wlanaddr argument (which causes wlan0 to use the mac of the
wpi0 device) works.

This also doesn't work in 8.2-RELEASE, so either we've got a
long-standing bug, or I'm doing something very wrong. The wpi0 card is
an intel 3945abg, I also have a couple of ath cards I can try (although
so far they haven't worked either).

Doug

			-- OK Go