a process waits forever

From: Boris Samorodov <bsam_at_ipt.ru>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 18:42:52 +0400
Hi,

I've got a problem which I harly can explain. Latest CURRENT
built with gcc and clang suffers. Both hosts with CURRENT I
have an access to has this problem.

The most clean way to reproduce the error (for me) is to
reload (sometimes once or twice, sometimes more, but not more
than a dozen) current and latest builds at my local tinderbox.
Firefox (I use FF4) reloads the page (it's seen since time counter
is updated) shows "X" with red foreground instead of a reload sign
at the very end of an URL window.

The next symptom is using gsasl within emacs (gnus). Sometimes
communication between gnus and an imap server stops. The only way
to resume operations is to do "killall gsasl". BTW, a gsasl
process is at a "select" state. Sometimes gnus displays something
like "garbage received, enter RET to continue".

I never managed to reproduce the bug by a script (i.e. fetching
the problem URL 100 times succeeds). And I'm not sure how to
diagnose the case further. Any suggestions? Thanks!

--
WBR, Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD Committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve