RE: firefox4+html5

From: Holger Kipp <Holger.Kipp_at_alogis.com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 15:59:23 +0000
Dear Vitaly,

I'm usually not using FreeBSD for accessing youtube, but
as you're using FreeBSD 9.0-current, please note that this
presumably has Witness enabled (because FreeBSD 9.0-current
is still development branch), which will reduce performance
and hence might give the problems you described.

from http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug-options.html

options WITNESS: this option enables run-time lock order tracking and verification, and is an invaluable tool for deadlock diagnosis. WITNESS maintains a graph of acquired lock orders by lock type, and checks the graph at each acquire for cycles (implicit or explicit). If a cycle is detected, a warning and stack trace are generated to the console, indicating that a potential deadlock might have occurred. WITNESS is required in order to use the show locks, show witness and show alllocks DDB commands. This debug option has significant performance overhead, which may be somewhat mitigated through the use of options WITNESS_SKIPSPIN. Detailed documentation may be found in witness(4).

=> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=witness&sektion=4

Best regards,
Holger