Re: problems with em(4) since update to driver 7.2.2

From: Arnaud Lacombe <lacombar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 19:11:17 -0400
Hi Jack,

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 6:00 PM, Jack Vogel <jfvogel_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> It has nothing to do with load, it has to do with the prerequisites to init
> your interfaces.
> The amount you need is fixed, it doesn't vary with load. Every RX descriptor
> needs one,
> so its simple math, number-of-interfaces X number-of-queues X size of the
> ring.

I guess the question is more: why would I need N*M (M > 1) nmbclusters
with driver version X when driver version X-1 worked perfectly fine,
from my daily-average-user point of view, with N nmbclusters ?

A more rude version might be "Why the frak my network adapter stopped
working with the default setting ?" :)

 - Arnaud