Re: My problems with stability on -current

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 22:17:58 -0700
I had an interesting result doing nothing but switching from HPET to
LAPIC ... no crash. Still on the same version of -current (r221566) the
only thing I've done is to add kern.eventtimer.timer="LAPIC" to
/boot/loader.conf, and so far I haven't been able to get it to crash no
matter how much I compile, or how much other stuff I do in the
background. I _can_ get the system heavily loaded enough so that the
mouse can drag across the screen, windows take visible time to repaint,
etc. That happens with a load average of 4+ on this core 2 duo. But
other than that (which is not altogether unreasonable) the system has
been very stable for a couple of days now.

Does that suggest a next step in terms of what to test?

			-- OK Go