Re: newnfs user setup

From: Michael Reifenberger <mike_at_reifenberger.com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 10:02:09 +0200 (CEST)
On Thu, 26 May 2011, Rick Macklem wrote:
> Alternately, if you could email me some simple instructions on how
> to test it, that would be appreciated as well. (I have never used
> DTrace, so I have no idea how to test it.) It is basically a clone
> of the other one, except for the NFSv4 stuff, so it "should" work
> about the same.

The simplest way of a basic test should be:

- Put into your kernel.conf:
   options         KDTRACE_FRAME # could be for amd64 only
   options         KDTRACE_HOOKS
   options         DDB_CTF # could be optional

- make buildworld  WITH_CTF=1 && make buildkernel WITH_CTF=1

- Put into your loader.conf:
   dtraceall_load="YES"

After reboot check:
dtrace -l

If you see lots of fbt and sdt (esp. the nfs ones) providers all should be
prepared and fine.

Bye/2
---
Michael Reifenberger