Re: 10.0-CUR r226986 && ports (general)

From: b. f. <bf1783_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 19:14:17 -0400
On 11/3/11, O. Hartmann <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> Am 11/03/11 18:42, schrieb b. f.:

>So I presume the WITH_FBSD10_FIX flag is set in /etc/make.conf, right?

You can set it in a number of  local Makefiles that are automatically
included during a port build.  That includes make.conf, and the others
mentioned in ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk.  A few days ago Martin also added
WITH_FBSD10_FIX to the Makefiles of a number of commonly-used ports
that need the fix.

>Setting this and try building ports without the masquerading will help
>those people involved in fixing more than the masquerading solution? If

Yes.  Some of the known problems with the current fix don't occur when
ports are built in tinderboxes or clean sandboxes, but on live systems
that already have other ports installed.

> On the other hand, as far as I know, there was only suggested using
> UNAME_r. When do I have to use the OSVERSION?

You don't have to alter OSVERSION, but if you do not, then for those
ports that have WITH_FBSD10_FIX set in their Makefiles, the fix will
be applied, and you will be subject to any problems that the fix may
cause, even though you are trying to masquerade as a version of
FreeBSD less than 10.  Look at the conditional that determine whether
any action is taken during the run-autotools-fixup target in
ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk.

b.