Re: Adding disk firmware programming capability to camcontrol

From: Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc_at_crodrigues.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 19:05:54 -0700
On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 1:47 PM, Nima Misaghian <nmisaghian_at_sandvine.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have got code developed by Andre Albsmeier that is capable of
> programming firmware of hard drives from several vendors and  turned
> it into a camcontrol command.

+1

I took a look at your patch and it looks great.  I have worked on a
storage product before where there
was a requirement to reprogram the firmware of hard drives.  On tha product,
proprietary Windows tools had to be used.  It would have been nice to
be able to use camcontrol in FreeBSD.

I think the patch is fine in its current form.  Very few "regular
users" need to reprogram hard drive firmware.
It is a special administrative operation.

--
Craig Rodrigues
rodrigc_at_crodrigues.org