MAXLOGNAME + /etc/group + chkgrp invalid character _at_

From: Dan The Man <dan_at_sunsaturn.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 17:47:28 -0600 (CST)
With libnss-mysql we are able to login using email addresses etc.

In the daily cron "Daily run output" email always get the following:

Verifying group file syntax:
chkgrp: /etc/group: line 3: '_at_' invalid character

Could we modify system to support email addresses as usernames. From my
testing it works fine, even with "Daily run output" complaining I can
still su to user i added in wheel group.
We'd need to fix ckkgrp source,
adduser source, and making move to:
#define MAXLOGNAME 256   in /usr/src/sys/sys/param.h

I beleive OS's like macOSX etc when I read over their source is already
setting this to 256.

I beleive param.h is only place need to define this, in 8.2 and previous
UT_NAMESIZE needed to be set in /usr/src/include/utmp.h as 255 and
/usr/src/sys/sys/param.h needed MAXLOGNAME set to UT_NAMESIZE+1, but seems
we did away with utmp.h in freebsd 9.0 only needing to set param.h now.

Dan.

--
Dan The Man
CTO/ Senior System Administrator