uhid(4) and report structures

From: Marcus von Appen <mva_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 20:29:22 +0100
Hi,

I wonder, if I am correct with my assumption that the usb_ctl_report*
structures mentioned in uhid(4) have to be defined and created by the
code portion that uses the USB_GET_REPORT(), USB_SET_REPORT(),
... calls.

In FreeBSD < 800063 we defined them in the header files of the USB
subsystem. After the rewrite those struct definitions vanished.  Will
the USB_ macros mentioned in uhid(4) "just" return a byte sequence
(that's what I understand from the UHID specification) so that code,
which uses those calls, can implement its own struct container for the
information retrieved?

Thanks for shedding some light on this. In case i am correct with what I
wrote above, it might make sense to mention it in uhid(4).

Best regards
Marcus