Re: spamcop abuse of power

From: Chuck Swiger <cswiger_at_mac.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 10:36:37 -0800
On Nov 17, 2011, at 5:37 AM, Dan The Man wrote:
> Today I had an unhappy unix student try to submit an assignment to me and could not. Spamcop has decided to go off blacklisting all yahoo/shaw etc servers worldwide.

I'm seeing about 40 spams per month from Yahoo's *.bullet.mail.sp2.yahoo.com; they're almost certainly the single largest source of spammy email I get.

> Example Solution Postfix:
> remove: reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net
> from your smtpd_recipient_restrictions line until they fix their abuse issues.

I probably wouldn't use any RBL for pass/fail blocking-- aside from postmaster.rfc-ignorant.org, maybe, and even that one likely needs some whitelisting if your mail system has a non-trivial # of users-- instead, consider using RBLs for scoring.

Regards,
--
-Chuck