9RC2 amd64 "Can't work out which disk we are booting from"

From: Jakub Lach <jakub_lach_at_mailplus.pl>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 02:05:30 -0800 (PST)
Hello.

I'm almost positive it's probably my fault,
but anyway, I have installed FreeBSD on
laptop from source (9-STABLE), on the same
machine I can't boot RC2 usb.img due to "Can't
work out which disk we are booting.." and after
installing RC2 on usbstick and trying to boot
it, same problem occurs.
(well, surprise).

I have used default layout on usbdrive.

Any ideas?

ls show files structure, but boot /boot/kernel
doesn't work.

On the side note, Verbatim STORE N GO 2.66
8GB gave me nothing but problems, not
recommended. (it's actually "Blaze Drive"
but it's recognised as store 'n go)

best regards,
- Jakub Lach