Re: 9.0-RC2 - bsdinstall - ifconfig

From: Stefan Bethke <stb_at_lassitu.de>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 13:41:32 +0100
Am 23.11.2011 um 11:07 schrieb Aleksandr Rybalko:

> Hi peoples who stay current!
>
> Several days ago I made fresh installation of 9.0-RC2.
> I found that new installer is very easy and very usable.
> But found small problem:
> When I doing interface configuration, I press <tab> instead of <arrow>
> and then for return press <Shift+Tab>, after that dialog was closed
> with only IP field filled.
>
> So it is not a problem that <Shift+Tab> not supported, but problem is
> that unexpected keys combinations close the dialog box.

I've been annoyed by this dialog mis-feature as well, and I've just found this debian bug:

My standard terminal is Mac OS X' Terminal.app, using TERM=xterm-color.  I've tested this dialog invocation:
$ dialog --menu foo 20 60 12 a one b two c three
Hitting Shift-Tab exits from dialog.

Looking at /etc/termcap, it seems the various xterm definitions lack a kB definition.  syscons as well as Terminal.app produces ^]]Z for Shift-Tab.

If I set these environment variables:
$ export TERMCAP='xterm-fixed:kB=\E[Z:tc=xterm-color:'
$ export TERM=xterm-fixed

dialog behaves correctly.

This article discusses how to add a keybinding for plain xterm to produce ^[[Z for Shift-Tab (by default, xterm produces ^I for both Tab and Shift-Tab):
http://stuff.mit.edu/afs/sipb/user/daveg/Info/backtab-howto.txt

It might be beneficial to add kB=\e[Z to the standard xterm entries in our termcap.

Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <stb_at_lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811