Re: NFS + SVN problem?

From: Rick Macklem <rmacklem_at_uoguelph.ca>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 12:37:11 -0500 (EST)
Sean Bruno wrote:
> Not sure what this all means, but when I attempt to check out HEAD on
> an
> NFS mount in the fbsd cluster (nfs server is a netapp filer), I'm
> getting an odd failure error.
>

> FreeBSD bhyve.freebsd.org 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #0
> r227883:
> Wed Nov 23 06:08:40 PST 2011
> sbruno_at_bhyve.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/var/tmp/temp/head/sys/GENERIC amd64
>

> [sbruno_at_bhyve /dumpster/scratch/sbruno-scratch]$ svn co -q svn
> +ssh://svn.freebsd.org/base/head
> Enter passphrase for key '/home/sbruno/.ssh/id_rsa':
> svn: E200030: disk I/O error, executing statement 'PRAGMA
> synchronous=OFF;PRAGMA recursive_triggers=ON;'

I just did a checkout of head/sys to an NFS mount (off of a FreeBSD
server) and it worked ok. I have no idea what the above means, but
it suggests that the NFS mount point returned some error?

A couple of questions:
- Is the failure intermittent?
- Did it occur right when the svn was started or part way through it?

> Mounting the filer mount with the following entry in my fstab:
>
> dumpster:/vol/volshscratch /dumpster/scratch nfs
> rw,soft,bg,intr,nosuid 0 0

I'd try again without the "soft,intr" options. In particular, "soft"
can cause an I/O syscall to fail when the server is slow to respond and
apps. don't expect that to happen.

rick