Re: zfs i/o hangs on 9-PRERELEASE

From: Mark Felder <feld_at_feld.me>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 20:21:18 -0600
After many hours of testing, reproducing, and testing again I've
finally been able to narrow down what the real issue is and it's not ZFS
as I suspected. After completely turning off all NFS functionality and
serving my files over Samba I haven't had a single issue. It seems there
is something going on with the new NFS code (I serve out over v4, but
reproduced it last week with v3) and my media player box, a Popcorn Hour
A-200 which is running Linux. If I can cobble some hardware together and
place it between so I can do some tcpdumps I will provide that data so
perhaps someone can understand what's going on. If this is due to a
badly behaving client this is potentially a DoS on the server.

Regards,

Mark