Re: removing libreadline from base system

From: Michel Talon <talon_at_lpthe.jussieu.fr>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 10:45:41 +0100
>The only "problem" I see is from the ports lots of them relies on base
>libreadline, so we need to first run an exp-run without libreadline, to
>determine the impact and fix the related ports, before we can fully drop
>libreadline.

One of the first port to consider, i think, is rlwrap.  Some time ago i had to compile it on  a mac (which is equipped with libedit in place of libreadline) and it had problems since it calls functions in libreadline not in libedit .   So i was forced
to also compile libreadline.

--

Michel Talon
talon_at_lpthe.jussieu.fr