Re: FreeBSD 9.0-BETA3 Available...

From: Arnaud Lacombe <lacombar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 16:56:17 -0400
Hi,

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 3:50 PM, Ken Smith <kensmith_at_buffalo.edu> wrote:

> On 10/4/11 3:39 PM, Arnaud Lacombe wrote:
>> you've got to be fraking kidding me, aren't you ?
>>
>> Code freeze has happened, no date set. BETA-1, BETA-2 have been
>> released, no date set. stable/9 has been created, no date set.
>> Branch status has not been updated.
>
> I'll get to more of it later tonight.
>
>> At most, this edit is a bad joke, just like politician announcing
>> a few millions dollars in saving when the yearly budget is in
>> deficit by trillions...
>
> Or an edit done in the 5 minutes I had at the time so people who wanted
> to know the times of things that haven't happened already can get what
> they want to know.
>
>> For the record, I would have made a much better job, if you had let
>> me.
>
> I'd love to know what you would have put for the dates I filled in.

Had you loved so much to have this information, you would have given
me credential.

I may have filled in all the date from publicly available material,
might it be from mailing list, or from FTP server's timestamp, or SVN
revision date. If I had not been able to determine a date, I may just
have left it blank and asked for details, eventually.

Unfortunately, we will never know.

Regards,
 - Arnaud