Re: x220 notes

From: matt <sendtomatt_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 14:38:06 -0700
> > Friend had idea of trying to resume under X with external
> > VGA display...both remained off, however I am using the Intel GPU
> > experimental drivers (To make a note, resume is broken without them
> > as well).
> Suspend/resume is not implemented in the KMS driver (yet).

On x220 problem is deeper than KMS, since it exists without
KMS patches applied. Thank you for graphics support! Even compiz works,
although second output stuff is "overlapped" when extending on this
one...also lots of "update_fbc", but this is probably known.

There are so far about 4 patches required agains HEAD for this machine
to be usable...KMS, acpi-ibm patches, iwn patches, and "currently"
newvers.sh.

I have done testing with all these rolled back, problem is still
there...I think it could be UEFI/ACPI related? vbetool, dpms.ko,
acpi_video, none can talk to the monitor. Does anyone know if
"system/6636" was fixed for OpenBSD?

 Matt