Re: RFC: Project geom-events

From: Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd_at_quip.cz>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 23:27:03 +0200
Lev Serebryakov wrote:

[...]

>    One thing is missed from software RAIDs is spare drives and state
> monitoring (yes, I know, that geom_raid supports spare drivers for
> metadata formats which supports them, but it not universal solution).

I am still missing one thing - dropped provider is not marked as failed
RAID provider and is accessible for anything like normal disk device. So
in some edge cases, the system can boot from failed RAID component
instead of degraded RAID. This can cause data loss or demage.

Is it possible to fix it by something like your geom-events, or should
it be done in each GEOM RAID class separately?

But after all, I realy appreciate your work in this area! I hope I will
have time to test it soon.

Thank you!

Miroslav Lachman