Re: FreeBSD 9.0-BETA3 Available...

From: Arnaud Lacombe <lacombar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 17:55:31 -0400
Hi,

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 5:38 PM, Arnaud Lacombe <lacombar_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 5:30 PM, Joshua Boyd <boydjd_at_jbip.net> wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 4:56 PM, Arnaud Lacombe <lacombar_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Had you loved so much to have this information, you would have given
>>> me credential.
>>>
>>> I may have filled in all the date from publicly available material,
>>> might it be from mailing list, or from FTP server's timestamp, or SVN
>>> revision date. If I had not been able to determine a date, I may just
>>> have left it blank and asked for details, eventually.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, we will never know.
>>
>> It's nice that you want to help, but could you be less of a jerk about it to
>> the people who devote a huge amount of time to the project?
>>
> Which ones:
>  - those who do not upgrade release information in release cycle ?
>  - those who commit broken stuff ?
>  - those who knowingly misdocument interfaces ?
>  - those who ignore obvious fixes ?
>  - those who ignore users request ?
>  - those who ignore users bugs ?
>  - those who refuses to share their work-in-progress ?
>  - those who tell you you're wrong for months to finally acknowledge
> you are right, and commit your fixes ?
>
> ?

Please, do not get me wrong. I, for one, am far from perfect, and I
welcome and encourage you to point this out whenever you think this is
necessary. But you've got to acknowledge being a so called "committer"
does not make you Righteous.

Now, you either accept to be pointed out when you screw things up and
be more careful in the future, or you repress that feeling and believe
you are living in a Wonderful Shiny World(tm) where everything is
perfect. In any case, it's your call, whether you want to make FreeBSD
a better OS, or not.

Regards,
 - Arnaud