Re: FreeBSD 9.0-BETA3 Available...

From: Arnaud Lacombe <lacombar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 20:19:46 -0400
Hi,

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 6:15 PM, Vlad Galu <dudu_at_dudu.ro> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 10:38 PM, Arnaud Lacombe <lacombar_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,

>>> It's nice that you want to help, but could you be less of a jerk about it to
>>> the people who devote a huge amount of time to the project?
>>>
>> Which ones:
>>  - those who do not upgrade release information in release cycle ?
>>  - those who commit broken stuff ?
>>  - those who knowingly misdocument interfaces ?
>>  - those who ignore obvious fixes ?
>>  - those who ignore users request ?
>>  - those who ignore users bugs ?
>>  - those who refuses to share their work-in-progress ?
>>  - those who tell you you're wrong for months to finally acknowledge
>> you are right, and commit your fixes ?
>
> Arnaud, everybody is doing their best. If members or groups within the
> FreeBSD project are under contractual obligation to meet your
> expectations, please feel free to take this off-list. Otherwise, if
> you feel there are similar projects with better management, perhaps
> they're better suited for you.

Maybe phk_at_ is not so wrong when he advocates for liability laws for
software makers.

However, starting the liability clauses list with a loophole (clause
1) sounds like a fraud, especially for a software contractor[0]. After
all, even people selling raw materials can be liable if the material
sold did not behave as it should have and caused damages.

Though, ending up speaking about contractual work and liability when
someone originally did not want to relinquish write access to a wiki
is rather sad...

 - Arnaud