Re: cvsup broken on amd64?

From: Kevin Oberman <kob6558_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 07:59:31 -0700
On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 1:34 AM, Thomas Mueller
<mueller6727_at_bellsouth.net> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>
>> I've committed this to -head.
>
>> I'd appreciate it if csup users would give this a thorough testing and
>> report back to the list with results.
>> I won't submit this as a merge candidate this to stable/9 without a
>> whole lot of testing. :)
>
>> Thanks,
>

>> Adrian
>
> I am now in 9.0-BETA2 amd64 and looking to update via source.
>
> There is /usr/bin/csup but no cvsup.  Can I safely use csup on tag RELENG_9 to update, or is that broken?
>
> Does this csup come under the cvsup bug in this thread?

cvsup is a port, so you would need to install that to have cvsup. csup
and cvsup are totally different code bases in different languages.
(csup is C and cvsup is Modula-3.) You probably want to install cvsup
as a package as installing the port also requires building all of the
Modula-3 compiler, not a small install.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer - Retired
E-mail: kob6558_at_gmail.com