PANIC: "ffs_valloc: dup alloc" on boot

From: Jonathan Anderson <jonathan_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 23:50:55 +0200
I was about to upgrade my build VM from BETA2 to BETA3, but I can't
seem to boot BETA2 any more: I get a "ffs_valloc: dup alloc" panic on
boot, every time. fsck runs and says, "ok, I've cleaned things up for
you", but then later on, when trying to update motd, FFS dies.

Unfortunately, this is the VM that I normally use to run kgdb against
other VMs, so my normal debugging setup does not apply. I'll see if
this hotel will let me download an ISO so that I can install a fresh
VM for debugging...

Jon
--
Jonathan Anderson