Re: cvsup broken on amd64?

From: Thomas Mueller <mueller6727_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 08:41:15 +0000 (GMT)
> cvsup is a port, so you would need to install that to have cvsup. csup
> and cvsup are totally different code bases in different languages.
> (csup is C and cvsup is Modula-3.) You probably want to install cvsup
> as a package as installing the port also requires building all of the
> Modula-3 compiler, not a small install.
> --
> R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer - Retired
> E-mail: kob6558_at_gmail.com

I just checked, again, directory /usr/share/examples/cvsup and was directed to the Handbook section on CVSup, A6.

But I checked and found nothing with "modula" in ports; later used the search on modula-3 and found ezm3.

I ran "make missing" and "make all-depends-list" in net/cvsup directory and got no dependencies in either case.  No Modula-3?

Anyway, from what I read, csup is better, and I think I can use the same supfile and same server that I would use for cvsup?

I've heard of Modula-2 and 3, but those languages were never widely used as far as I know.

Tom