Re: Experiences with FreeBSD 9.0-BETA2

From: Greg Miller <greglmiller_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 15:47:48 -0500
On 10/7/11, Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl> wrote:
> Well, apart from small bugs here and there, it should be pretty
> conformant already, especially when compared to various graphical
> terminal emulators (e.g. GNOME terminal). For example, it passes quite a
> large number of tests from vttest.

I've never gotten around to reporting this until this thread came up,
but I've found that GNU Emacs has tons of problems with text
disappearing on the console. Just moving the cursor to the start of a
long line and holding down the right-arrow key is enough to cause many
of the characters to disappear.