Re: Memstick image differences between 8.x and 9.x

From: Glen Barber <gjb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2011 18:00:33 -0400
On 10/8/11 5:40 PM, Warren Block wrote:

>>> The new memstick image uses GPT instead of MBR partitioning.
>>
>> GPT should have no impact on booting from the memory stick, as far as I
>> am aware.
>
> Memory stick should not be a problem, but some of the Lenovo notebooks
> hate GPT, even with a PMBR:
>   http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=26304
>   http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=26759

Ugh, that's annoying.  I'm half-tempted to note this in the new
installer chapter, but I don't like the idea of such edge cases as these
to effectively turn that page into a pseudo-HCL.

Maybe this should be noted somewhere in the wiki...

--
Glen Barber | gjb_at_FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD Documentation Project