Re: Memstick image differences between 8.x and 9.x

From: Glen Barber <gjb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2011 22:15:47 -0400
On 10/8/11 10:00 PM, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> On 9 October 2011 04:38, Glen Barber <gjb_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
>>
>> GPT should have no impact on booting from the memory stick, as far as I
>> am aware.
>
> I've already emailed -current with an example where GPT+memstick == fail.
> Some theories include that GPT/EFT on USB is what the BIOS expects
> when doing BIOS reflashing, and gets confused when something else is
> there.

Yep, and I also recall you bringing this up in IRC.  Though, at that
time (well, up until a few hours ago), I wasn't aware of the Lenovo
issue Warren mentioned.

So, that said, I happily stand corrected.  I am now aware of a few GPT
memstick issues. :)

--
Glen Barber | gjb_at_FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD Documentation Project