Re: possible mountroot regression

From: Marcel Moolenaar <marcel_at_xcllnt.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 06:37:29 -0700
On Oct 14, 2011, at 12:51 AM, Andriy Gapon wrote:

> on 30/08/2011 13:01 Andriy Gapon said the following:
>>
>> So, just to re-iterate, I think that this is indeed a regression and the one
>> that could be particularly unhelpful for a new release - the time when people
>> are much more likely to end up at the mountroot prompt during an installation of
>> a new system or an upgrade.
>
> Marcel,
>
> is there any chance that this regression can be fixed before the release?

Probably, yes. How do you want to fix this? You haven't really expressed
what you would like to see, other than mentioning that you think it's a
regression from before. Arguably, the previous behaviour had a lot to be
desired for so since you're worried about the user experience, thinking
this through is important.

> If not, then maybe it would be proper to pull the change that introduced it out
> of the release branch (r214006) ?

Don't be ridiculous.

--
Marcel Moolenaar