Help! Portsnap won't work on freeBSD 10.0-CURRENT/amd64! look: tINDEX.new: File too large

From: Hartmann, O. <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 18:34:55 +0200
   Hello,
   since several days now I receive on FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT/amd64 boxes
   Looking up portsnap.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 5 mirrors found.
   Fetching snapshot tag from portsnap1.FreeBSD.org... done.
   Fetching snapshot metadata... done.
   look: tINDEX.new: File too large
   Portsnap metadata appears bogus.
   Cowardly refusing to proceed any further.
   --
   It came out of nowhere while I was updating the same day (it was
   Thursday or Friday last week) successfully on the same boxes.