Re: About FreeBSD 9.0 release note

From: Hiroki Sato <hrs_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 16:30:54 +0900 (JST)
Xin LI <delphij_at_delphij.net> wrote
  in <4E9DFD46.1040306_at_delphij.net>:

de> Hash: SHA256
de>
de> On 10/18/11 15:07, Hiroki Sato wrote:
de> > Hideki Yamamoto <hyama99_at_gmail.com> wrote in
de> > <CAOEiK=_nEJ=9prG1y5FmdbBWYqXypd-3+NYoMqa9ASekKgh+jw_at_mail.gmail.com>:
de> >
de> >  hy> Hi, hy> hy> Does someone know where is the draft of FreeBSD
de> > 9.0 release note? hy> I would like to check if there is a
de> > description about new functions hy> about MLDv2 is included or
de> > not. hy> I think the below feature should be included in the
de> > release note as hy> IPv6 network is getting popular. hy> hy>
de> > --------------------------------- hy> MFC r200871: hy>  Use
de> > ALLOW_NEW_SOURCES and BLOCK_OLD_SOURCES to signal a join or leave
de> > hy>  with SSM MLDv2 by default. hy>  This is current practice and
de> > complies with RFC 4604, as well as being hy>  required by
de> > production IPv6 networks in Japan. hy>  The behaviour may be
de> > disabled by setting the net.inet6.mld.use_allow hy>  sysctl/tunable
de> > to 0. hy> -------------------------------------
de> >
de> > I am already working on the relnotes and the above will be
de> > included as an improvement of the IPv6 stack.
de>
de> Can we have it somewhere (in the CVS or wiki) so we can work together
de> on that?  This way also makes translation easier...

 Yes, I will put it to some shared workspace as soon as possible.  I
 know I should have taken an action more quickly, but I couldn't make
 it.  Sorry.

-- Hiroki