Re: Problems with "ada0: Previously was known as ad6" functionality

From: Jason Edwards <sub.mesa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 17:01:31 +0200
On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 4:35 PM, Nikolay Denev <ndenev_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I was struck with this problem too yesterday.
> I was able to import the pool by specifying the directory where zpool should look for devices.
> Like : zpool import -d /dev/gptid
> Alternatively you can try putting kern.cam.ada.legacy_aliases=0 in your /boot/loader.conf

Hello Nikolay,

Thanks for your reply!

The kern.cam.ada.legacy_aliases=0 indeed makes the /dev/ad6 device go
away. However, unlike I suspected, it did not solve the zpool import
problem. It still lists my pool as corrupted. If I use the zpool
import -d /dev/gpt as you suggested, the pool displays as ONLINE and I
can import it just fine. Using -d /dev works too, so I guess this
works fine as a workaround.

Still, can I assume this is a bug that will be fixed in time before
9.0-RELEASE ?

Regards,
Jason