WITHOUT_GCC for build target / system without base gcc (9RC1)

From: Jakub Lach <jakub_lach_at_mailplus.pl>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 02:53:44 -0700 (PDT)
Hello.

When one can expect being able to have system
without base gcc installed? Since I enabled clang, and
I'm using gcc46 for ports, having base gcc is largely
pointless for me, but couldn't build system with clang only,
because of:

===> usr.bin/xlint/llib (all)
lint -cghapbx -Cposix /usr/src/usr.bin/xlint/llib/llib-lposix
llib-lposix:
lint: cannot exec /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/bin/cc: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

best regards,
- Jakub Lach

PS. If I'm doing something retarded, feel free to point out.
I'm just feeling that 3 compilers on one system is a bit much,
and most ports are developed with newest gcc in mind, while
for FreeBSD clang is obviously way to go.

FWIW, right now I would need base gcc only for compiling
libreoffice, and I hope it will change sometime in future.