Need a README to explain items in download directory

From: Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc_at_crodrigues.org>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 14:11:26 -0700
Hi,

As a new user, wanting to download FreeBSD, and maybe not wanting
to read everything on the web site, I would go through these steps:

(1)  Go to   http://www.freebsd.org/
(2)  See "Get FreeBSD now", click on it.
(3)  Skim through a lot of text on that page, which is very wordy (we
can probably streamline this page)
(4)  Notice that there is a section: "Download FreeBSD"
(5)  Click on the "ISO" link

Once I click on that link, I see a directory with   files.

For example, at ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/ISO-IMAGES/8.2/

I see:

CHECKSUM.MD5
CHECKSUM.SHA256
FreeBSD-8.2-RELEASE-i386-bootonly.iso
FreeBSD-8.2-RELEASE-i386-disc1.iso
FreeBSD-8.2-RELEASE-i386-dvd1.iso.xz
FreeBSD-8.2-RELEASE-i386-livefs.iso
FreeBSD-8.2-RELEASE-i386-memstick.img

It is not clear to me which of these files I need.  Do I need all of them,
or just some of them?  What do these files do?

Can we have a README.txt file in this directory with a concise
description of these
files?  For starters, having one line description per file would be useful:

FreeBSD-8.2-RELEASE-i386-bootonly.iso           -  Initial boot, fits
on CD, requires disc 1
FreeBSD-8.2-RELEASE-i386-disc1.iso                -  Installer, fits
on CD, requires bootonly
FreeBSD-8.2-RELEASE-i386-dvd1.iso.xz            - Complete installer,
fits on DVD
FreeBSD-8.2-RELEASE-i386-livefs.iso                - Live file system,
boot and run off of CD/DVD, used for recovery
FreeBSD-8.2-RELEASE-i386-memstick.img       - Installer for USB memory stick

I don't even know if what I listed above is correct....I am just guessing.

--
Craig Rodrigues
rodrigc_at_crodrigues.org