Re: BETA2 panic

From: Bernhard Schmidt <bschmidt_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 10:59:33 +0200
On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 22:42, Joel Dahl <joel_at_vnode.se> wrote:
> On 05-09-2011  9:02, Bernhard Schmidt wrote:

>> > Yes, I'll do that tonight.
>>
>> While doing so, can you enable at least some debugging?
>> wlandebug +state
>> or even better
>> wlandebug 0xffffffff
>>
>> It smells like that something is poking the SW bmiss handler while not
>> in RUN state and therefore you're hitting a KASSERT(). Question is if
>> the bmiss timer isn't stopped/drained somewhere or if there is too
>> excessive call.
>
> Exactly what in the wlandebug output are you looking for?  I've posted a pic
> at http://www.vnode.se/sc/panic_20110906.jpg showing what it looks like right
> before the panic.  This is with "wlandebug 0xffffffff".

Thanks, so, looks like it is scanning while the panic happens. At that
point it should actually never ever care about beacon misses.. this is
strange, really.

Can you try to comment out the call to ieee80211_beacon_miss() on line
2936 in if_iwn.c? If the panic no longer happens the issue is
somewhere in the conditions before that call.

> I've also installed kernels all the way back to revision 222980, but they all
> panic, which I think is somewhat odd.

I think this is an issue related to iwn(4), which had its last commit
prior to that.

--
Bernhard