Re: RELENG_8 / mpt / zpool Errors

From: Matt Thyer <matt.thyer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 20:56:44 +0930
On Sep 9, 2011 8:38 PM, "Adrian Chadd" <adrian_at_freebsd.org> wrote:

> On 9 September 2011 18:32, Matt Thyer <matt.thyer_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Harder solutions are:
> >
> > A) Fix the driver
>
> .. which is the only way FreeBSD improves, so. You choose. :)
>
> Also:
>
> A1) Post lots of debugging info to the list, be very friendly and
> helpful, see if any developers are willing to help you figure and fix
> it
> A2) If not, look at paying a small (say $1k) bounty to get it fixed. :)
>
> Adrian

Yes,

Helping to fix the driver is a thing that Tim is in the unusual situation to
be able to do as he has access to the affected hardware.

However, if paid work demands a quicker solution, I'm hoping they'll fund
use of the SAS 3G card (cheap) whilst allowing Tim to occasionally work with
the SAS 6G card to work on a final solution!

Ideally we don't want Tim to have to move away from FreeBSD. We want him to
help fix the driver.