Re: RELENG_8 / mpt / zpool Errors

From: Matt Thyer <matt.thyer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 09:58:12 +0930
On 10 September 2011 01:19, Tim Gustafson <tjg_at_soe.ucsc.edu> wrote:

> I can most likely switch to a different card.  Just to make sure I get the
> right one, do you have a part number of the card that you are recommending?
>  As I mentioned earlier, I was looking around on the LSI site and they have
> lots of options, but none with a port configuration that I need (2 external
> ports only).

I'm not sure what cards you can get now with the LSI 1068E chip.
As LSI branded cards cost more, I went for for the LSI SAS2008 based
Supermicro AOC-USAS2-L8i as I new I wasn't going to use port expanders.
It could be hard to get cards with the older chip now (you might have to get
something second hand).

The Supermicro AOC-USAS-L4i wouldn't be enough for you as it's only got 1
external connector.
http://www.supermicro.com/products/accessories/addon/AOC-USAS-L4i_R.cfm

I'd be happy to help with debugging the 6G problem.  I could probably
> install that card into another box and give some developers access to it,
> but I'd have to rustle up some disks and port expanders to make it a fair
> test.

A port expander would be required and just a few older drives in the
enclosure.
A developer (of which I'm not) would need console access and ability to
install new kernels, reboot etc.

Good luck...