Thinkpad CD-ROM hotplug with ATA_CAM

From: Boris Kochergin <spawk_at_acm.poly.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 11:11:00 -0400
Ahoy.

I have some Thinkpad T40-T43s running -CURRENT (as recent as yesterday's
sources) with ATA_CAM enabled. If I remove the CD-ROM and proceed to run
"camcontrol rescan all," the system hangs with the cursor still at the
end of the the line. Is there a correct way of doing this, or does it
just not work right now? Back in the old ATA days, I'd be able to detach
the channel with atacontrol, remove the CD-ROM, and put it back without
any trouble.

-Boris