Re: USB Keyboard doesn't work

From: Pegasus Mc Cleaft <ken_at_mthelicon.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 00:39:48 +0100
On Monday 19 September 2011 20:20:18 Alisson wrote:

> if the machine doesn't have a PS2 port to use keyboard... and have only USB
> port its impossible to use an keyboard on mountroot prompt

Hi Alisson,

	I dont know the complete ins and outs of this, but I think it has a lot
to do with the BIOS on your machine and/or how it is configured (IE: PS2
emulation).

	I have a machine that used to work just fine during the boot-loader and
mountroot part of booting, but after a BIOS upgrade, it would no longer work;
only the PS2 keyboard was active until the machine had booted far enough to
bring up the USB stack.

	Check your BIOS settings and see if any of them mention something about
USB keyboards.

Ta
Peg