Re: 9.0 bsdinstall usage

From: Daniel O'Connor <doconnor_at_gsoft.com.au>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 23:25:36 +0930
On 23/09/2011, at 23:03, Fbsd8 wrote:
>> The binary is installed by default, but there it isn't run at startup.
>> If it is being run then I would expect you are booting off your install media again by accident.
>> --
>> Daniel O'Connor
>
> You did not read my post correctly. I dont say bsdinstall is run every time I boot. I said "the bsdinstall scripts still remain on the new installed system."  The point I was making is it should not remain.

I think that is pretty debatable, you could certainly use them to install onto a new disk - say you had a machine you couldn't boot the install media off so you put the disk in your PC.

Also, it should be very difficult to destroy your installed setup while you're actually booted into it because GEOM will prevent partition changes to mounted disks.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum