Re: 9.0 bata2 & keymap

From: Fbsd8 <fbsd8_at_a1poweruser.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 13:30:34 -0400
Gavin Atkinson wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-09-17 at 12:24 -0400, Fbsd8 wrote:
>
>> Changing the cancel button in the kbdmap command to skip, does not
>> address the problem, which is the lack of knowledge of the standard
>> bsdinstall user. I've been using Freebsd since 4.0 and never used the
>> kbdmap command or for that matter even knew it existed.
>
> Interesting.  Sysinstall has asked for country information and then
> asked you to choose a keymap (using kbdmap) if you selected a
> non-default country as the first two questions (i.e. before you get the
> sysinstall menu) since 6.1.  Would that be a good solution still?
>
> Some of the other points brought up later about wanting to switch
> between two different keymaps seem sensible too, though I don't
> initially see how that would be possible.
>
> Gavin

In sysinstall you are presented with a dailog that asks you if you want
to change the keyboard map and if answered yes them issues the kbdmap
command. In bsdinstall you have no option to bypass the keymap step. It
just issues the kbdmap command. I agree that some method to bypass the
keymap step in bsdinstall needs to be added or an dialog informing the
user that selecting the cancel button in kbdmap will result in the
default map used in previous releases to be used.