Re: FreeBSD 9.0-BETA2 memstick USB image hangs my BIOS

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 13:03:17 +0800
On 26 September 2011 12:56, Kevin Oberman <kob6558_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I suspect that the thumb  drive is the issue, not FreeBSD.

I've booted the drive successfully on an older Via C3 board.

I'm now watching it boot successfully on a Gigabyte GA-8I915PC Duo board.

I'm going to try dumping a Linux distro on this USB disk after I get
PCBSD 9.0-BETA2 installed. That way I can try to eliminate the USB
disk as being "funny".
(Although it's quite possible the USB disk is doing other funny things.)

I really do think that this BIOS of mine dislikes a GPT partition
inside an MBR/DOS setup. If this is the case, I wonder how many other
motherboard/BIOSes have this problem.

Adrian