Re: Experiences with FreeBSD 9.0-BETA2

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 15:47:21 -0700
On 09/26/2011 15:38, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
> This perception that ZFS is most of the future probably contributed to
> the lack of strong opinions regarding the default UFS partition scheme.

Can we please stop saying that there were no contrary opinions stated? I
personally expressed a preference (call it strong if that helps) for
split partition scheme, as did several other people, all with worked
examples. Nathan chose to go "one big partition" in spite of that input.
Given that he was the one doing the work on the installer I personally
decided to take a step back and see how it played out. But let's not
pretend that this wasn't Nathan's decision.

Meanwhile, if based on feedback from early adopters we need to tweak the
layout, that's not life threatening. There is still time.

Doug

			-- OK Go