Re: FreeBSD 9-Beta3 on X300 problems.

From: Gavin Atkinson <gavin_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 11:03:49 +0100
On Mon, 2011-09-26 at 21:40 +0200, crsnet.pl wrote:
> Hello.
>  I upgrade my FreeBSD 8.2-Release to FreeBSD 9-Beta and pkg_delete -f -a
>  and add new (that same) pkgs with pkg_add.
>  And system, xorgs, wine, opera, java, flash works ok, but...
>  I find two things that dont works ;/
>
>  1. Suspend.
>  On FreeBSD 8.2 when i make ifconfig wlan0 down, and use zzz from X.org
>  all works. Suspend/resume.
>  Now when i make this same, system go to console and suspend. When i try
>  to resume. System show console, but when i try to press ALT+F9 i get
>  long beeep and system hang ;/
>  I found on Google that i can try, to make uhci as a module, and first
>  unload it, and then suspend system. But when i try to kldload uhci
>  system go to dbg and hangs ;/

I'm not sure why the machine panics when you unload uhci - if you can
get any more information about the panic then please open a PR.

As for the issue with suspend/resume hanging, can you please try the
patch at
http://docs.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?alpine.LNX.2.00.1106041548370.26975
and see if that makes suspend/resume work?

That patch is a hack rather than the correct solution, but it would be
useful if you can test it and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

Gavin