Re: HEADS UP: ports/ and 10.0-CURRENT

From: Hartmann, O. <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 19:29:44 +0200
On 09/28/11 09:26, Hartmann, O. wrote:
> On 09/28/11 15:47, perryh_at_pluto.rain.com wrote:
>> Eitan Adler <lists_at_eitanadler.com> wrote:

>>> FreeBSD XP anyone?
>> Are you sure there's a sufficient window of opportunity? :)
> "Window of Fortune"

A stupid question: I experience some strange failures on one of my
FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT/amd64 boxes.
libiconv.so.3 is missing for svn. I can not install conversters/libiconv
anymore, portbuild compains about a missing
libintl.so.9 (huhh?), see below.

Ok, libintl.so.9 is gettext. So I try reinstall gettext and it fails,
also! gawk is missing libintl.so.9. So I try to reinstall gawk:
portmaster gawk. But gawk complains about no intl found, so it tries to
install gettext and gettext complains about not finding libintl.so.9.

I'm confused! Is this due to the FreeBSD 10 issue? If not, how to repair?

checking for ptrdiff_t integer literal suffix... l
checking for size_t integer literal suffix... Shared object
"libintl.so.9" not found, required by "pg_config"ul
checking for sig_atomic_t integer literal suffix... l
checking for wchar_t integer literal suffix...
checking for wint_t integer literal suffix...
checking for random.h... no
checking for struct random_data... no
checking whether <wchar.h> is standalone... (cached) yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
Shared object "libintl.so.9" not found, required by "gawk"config.status:
error: could not create Makefile
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to gnome_at_FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
"/usr/ports/converters/libiconv/work/libiconv-1.13.1/config.log" including
the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good
idea
to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. an `ls
/var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/converters/libiconv.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/converters/libiconv.

===>>> make failed for converters/libiconv
===>>> Aborting update

Terminated

===>>> You can restart from the point of failure with this command line:
       portmaster <flags> converters/libiconv