Re: x220 notes

From: Garrett Cooper <yanegomi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 11:52:18 -0700
On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 11:48 AM, Matt <sendtomatt_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I just picked up an X220 and have been trying to get FreeBSD running well.
>
> Some tips
> ichsmb
> acpi_video (attaches but doesn't work)
> aesni
> coretemp
>
> powerd is a must, these processors seem to be designed to run very hot
> unless throttled. Somehow my C3 state disappears when on AC, I think that's
> a bios setting?
>
> acpi_ibm needs "LEN0068" added to the list of ibm ids at the beginning of
> /usr/src/sys/dev/acpi_support/acpi_ibm.c...I'd write a patch but that
> machine is in a world of ports hurt right now :).
> With this many of the sysctls and leds work, still no brightness (w or wout
> intel DRI from Konstantin...thanks Konstantin!!)
>
> sleep/resume work, but screen is off after resume and cannot be awakened
> (even w/ dpms and or acpi_video).

This is probably another driver bug. Try kldunloading and kldloading
your wlan driver to see if that works, and/or start stripping your
kernel of unnecessary options until you find the magic formula for
what works, and just apply that to rc.suspend // rc.resume and file a
PR for the driver bug if there isn't one already.
HTH,
-Garrett