Re: x220 notes

From: Kevin Oberman <kob6558_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 09:27:53 -0700
2012/3/31 Erich Dollansky <erichfreebsdlist_at_ovitrap.com>:
> Hi,
>
> this just reminds me of my Fujitsu P2120.
>
> On Sunday 01 April 2012 11:27:02 Любомир Григоров wrote:
>> Any news on the brightness? My X220 came and FreeBSD installs and boots
>> fine with MBR. But like you said brightness control is not working and I am
>> stuck at max. Even with me 9cell battery, it brings it down to 5 hours
>> instead of 8-9 with a slightly dimmer setting.
>
> I could not adjust brightness inside X on my P2120 too. But switching to a console allowed me to adjust with the keys assigned to this. I never got used to this procedure but it worked.
>
> Did you try this?

Does not work for me.  :-(

First press of either brightness up or down will echo ^_at_ (null), but
that's all that happens. The system does not have discrete brightness
buttons. It uses Fn+Home and Fn+End to adjust brightness.

Thanks for the suggestion. though.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558_at_gmail.com